Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Last 4 Tips..

7. Move it From the Middle (rule of thirds)
      Yes, a repeat but maybe it's just THAT important! Just remember to give your photo "breathing room". You might need to lock the focus in some cases.



8. Know your flash's range
     No example for this one but be sure you know how far your flash will work. After a certain amount of feet the flash becomes useless if it doesn't hit an object. An easy way to find this is in your camera's manual or just play around with your camera and see what looks good. I know that the flash on my camera is about 10 feet. So, I know that when I'm using flash I shouldn't stand more than 10 feet away from my subject.

9. Watch the light
     Think about where the sun is (or any other light source). Avoid shadowed faces or taking pictures under a shadow. The best time to take pictures of someone is in the morning and at dusk. A favorite among photographers is "magic hour". This is usually 30-45 minutes before the sun sets. Just remember to consider the time of day



10. Be a picture director
       When taking group pictures take an extra minute to fixate your friends so that the picture is not just a boring group picture. Add props, rearrange people, or try a different angle! Let your subject's personality shine! If you're really good, you can get yourself in the photo too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment